Middle School February 27-March 20 What God says about sex and relationships. Here is a break-down of the topics we Read More
5 Words- Sin (6.28.17) HS&MS
Brief Synopsis of what High School and Middle School talked about:
This week Kody Gilbert brought us the Word for High school and Wes brought the word for Middle School, talking about sin. Here’s a few notes from the message and how we need this “word” to talk about the Gospel message.
Where does sin come from?
- Genesis 2:7, 15
- God made Adam and Eve. God said you can do whatever you want, accept eat from the tree. If you do, you will surely die.
- Genesis 3- They eat the fruit and sin entered the world.
What is sin?
- Missing the mark.
- Romans 5:12
- When we are born into this world we… Inherit Adam’s guilt and sin nature.
- Our natural inclination is to turn the other way from God and to go towards sin. We want to do things our way, in our timing.
- Romans 7:15-20, 24
Follow Up Questions:
- Why do you think it’s easy for us to go our own way and do our own thing? Discuss together what that might be in each of your personal lives.
- Which specific area do you constantly turn and go the other way or say you can handle it? The area you constantly take back to rely on your strength.
- How can we constantly remember that God is GOOD, God is CONSTANT, and God is PRESENT?