Middle School February 27-March 20 What God says about sex and relationships. Here is a break-down of the topics we Read More
5 Words- Substitution (7.5.17) HS&MS
Brief Synopsis of what High School and Middle School talked about:
This week Kristine Kauffman spoke for the high school group and Wes spoke for the middle school group. The word they discussed was substitute and how Jesus is our substitute. Here are some notes from the message.
Why do we need a substitute?
- Romans 3:23, 6:23
- Hebrews 9:22
- God has a plan! Genesis 3:20-23
How or Who is our substitute?
- Jesus is our substitute.
- Romans 5:8
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- The result is that “it is finished.”
- We have freedom, because Jesus has died on the cross for our sins.
- We are adopted into his family and that can not be removed.
- His presence is always with us.
- Isaiah 1:18
- God restores! You are never too far gone.
- Psalm 51:7, Revelation 2:17, 2:7
Follow Up Questions:
- What identity do you hold onto that you have a hard time letting Jesus wash you white as snow? What do you believe about yourself that are lies?
- What are the truths that Jesus says about us? Write these down!
- What’s a time in your life that Jesus has showed up! Discuss some God moments.