Middle School February 27-March 20 What God says about sex and relationships. Here is a break-down of the topics we Read More
WE ARE: WORSHIP (HS&MS) 8.16.17
Brief Synopsis of what High School and Middle School talked about:
This week we kicked off our new series of “We Are.” Throughout the three weeks we will be touching on We are: worship, live, and rescue. And what it means to embody these three things amongst our group. So, week one, we talked about Worship. Kyle Belden spoke for High School and David Sanchez spoke for Middle School. Here are some notes from the message:
Scripture: Psalm 95:1-9
In our Worship:
- We are… Picky– We are committed to putting Jesus first, We are all worshipers, and we are all worshiping something, but the question we need to ask ourselves is what or who are we worshiping? Is it Jesus?
- We are… Responsive– We are responsive in our worship, to worship with passion, excitement, and movement, because we recognize the worth of the one we worship. When we realize who Jesus is and what he has done and how worthy he is, it moves us to be responsive in our worship. It excites us and we can’t help but exude praise through our actions.
- We are… Willing– We are willing to change; to be different. We don’t bring the opportunities to change into our lives, but God always does when we worship him, Our job is to get on board, to “ride the wave” when Jesus presents us with opportunities to grow. Are we willing? no matter what that looks like.
Follow Up Questions:
- Talk about what you are picky about. Foods, habits, etc. Then discuss how you can put Jesus first in your life and how being picky about doing that is a good thing.
- How do you like to worship Jesus? That may be sitting down and reflecting on him. That may be using your voice to sing. That may even mean playing outside.
- How do you handle change in your life? (general life things: moving, different foods for dinner, new coach, etc.) Are you willing to keep changing with Jesus?