Men’s Hike 2022
- Sat, Jul 23, 2022
- 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The Point
Are you looking for ways to connect with other guys this summer? Desiring to get outdoors for some adventure? Join us for a day hike up in the mountains at Calaveras Big Trees State Park followed by lunch in Murphy’s together after the hike! We’ll hike the Calaveras South Grove Trail, but if you would prefer to try a shorter trail, there are a couple other shorter hikes in the same vicinity where you can explore and take in the awe of some amazing sequoias.
*Age recommendation is 10 and up.
7 am: Meet at CrossPoint Community Church, The Point (1235 M St)
7:15 am: Carpool to Calaveras Big Trees State Park
9 am: Arrive at Calaveras Big Trees Visitor Center
9:15-9:30 am: Begin hike (depending on which trail you and others choose to hike on)
12 pm: Finish hiking and exploring and meet back at Calaveras Big Trees Visitor Center
12:30 pm: Option to head to Murphy’s for lunch with your carpool or head home
1 pm: Arrive in Murphy’s for lunch
4 pm: Expect to be back at CrossPoint at the latest
Info on Calaveras South Grove Trail
Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 2-2.5 hours to complete. You will see giant Sequoia trees and it starts with an initial uphill climb followed by fairly level terrain.
Length: 5 miles
Elevation Gain: 754 ft
Click here more information on the Calaveras South Grove Trail on AllTrails.
What to bring:
- Daypack (backpack big enough to fit your items)
- Hat and sunglasses (optional)
- Extra money for gas (for your driver) and lunch, if you plan to join other guys for lunch in Murphy’s
What to wear:
- Hiking shoes/boots, running shoes – something athletic you will be comfortable walking 5+ miles in
- Moisture-wicking t-shirt or tank top
- Lightweight sweatshirt or jacket (if you feel you might need it)
Click below to register for the hike!